Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Wednesday March 13th. Florence

Got up really this morning to make sure I got in line early for the Accademia Gallery, which houses Michelangelo's David.

It's weird because I'm on vacation and I'm still walking up really to an alarm. You would think that bring in vacation meant that you can sleep in. But the early bird gets the worm damnit and getting up early means saving time waiting in lines.

The Accademia Gallery opens at 8:15AM and I got there at 9:00AM, but I only had to wait 30 minutes before I finally got a picture of the statue. I'm not a history or art buff, but it's worth seeing. I skipped out on the rest of the gallery cuz I'm really not into art like that, but I am glad that I saw David.

From there I wanted to go to Bologna, a neighboring city that is supposed to have the best food in Italy. It's only a short train ride away so I figured why not.

The only issue is I got to the train station and the cheapest round trip tickets were €55. Also, if I did go to Bologna, that would mean that I wouldn't be able to go to Palazzio Pitti to see the famous gardens there. I'm pretty much on budget for this trip so far but not skipping out on Bologna meant saving money and being able to see Palazzio Pitti, since it closed at 6:30PM. I made an executive decision and stayed in Florence. When I come back I'll definitely go to Bologna though.

I skipped out on breakfast (which has been a running theme on this trip) since I wanted to get to Accademia Gallery early. So I went to this highly rated panino place right next to the Duomo. Which reminds me, I didn't get to go to the Duomo. I'll have to go when I come back.

At any rate, the panini place was really good. They let you sample the cheese and meat before you make your sandwich. Definitely worth coming back to.

At this point it started to lightly rain. Thank God I went to Piazzale Michelangelo yesterday when it wasn't raining. I didn't want to go to Palazzio Pitti while it was raining, so I went back to the hotel and chilled. My hotel is on the same street as a bunch of high fashion places like Versace and whatnot. It's trippy because Florence is such a great city for a short vacation. It feels like a bigger Verona with more going on. I'll definitely be taking futurebae here.

By the time the rain let up it was already 4:00PM. It was still lightly raining but it was fine enough for me to trek over to Palazzio Pitti.

By the time I made it over there, the rain came back around. It was enough for me to not want to go around this outdoor garden, so I walked around and ended up going to a Caffe that was right on the river. I got some spaghetti (which was bomb) and chilled for a while. Tuscany is known for having bomb food and while it's not the best food I've ever had, I do agree that tuscans know how to cook damnit.

I got some gelato (sofa king good) and chilled on one of the bridges, people watching for a long while. I seriously feel like I could people watch for like half this trip and be content. It's free too, which is great.

I went back to the Irish pub that I went to last night to catch tonight's champion's league games. Barcelona destroyed Olypique Lyon as expected, so at halftime I went downstairs to where they were showing the Liverpool-Bayern Munich game. The basement had maybe 50 people in it and I sweatergod all 50 of them were white, lol. It was mostly college aged white kids, some of whom had Liverpool jerseys on.

The atmosphere was cool though. I love being drunk, surrounded by soccer fans, watching the game.

I was rooting for Liverpool and thankfully they spanked Bayern Munich in Munich.

Now I'm in my hotel room chilling. Lake Como tomorrow. I'm excited because it's supposed to be one of the most bourgie vacation spots in the world. George and Amal Clooney live there. John Legend and Chrissy Teigen got married there. It sounds like a great place to chill and relax.  I might fuck around and get a massage there. There isn't as much that it really want to see there so hopefully my Lake Como stay can act as the calm before the storm. Lord knows I need to muster up as much energy as I can for the Milan Derby, yadadamean!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive