Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sunday, March 17th. Milan

I woke up this morning and this might be the happiest I've ever woken up. It's definitely the happiest I've woken up in recent memory. Milan is playing the biggest game of the season (so far) and this could decide if we make it to champions league next year. This could decide if we return to our former glory. It's been a long time since the Derby Della Madonnina has had this much in stake. The Derby is always special but this Derby is the most important one in years.

On top of all of that, I'm going to the fucking game! The fact that I was able to pull this trip off is huge. I'm so proud of myself. I've put myself in a position to where I could afford this trip. I stacked up enough vacation time to get the time off to go. I planned everything out mostly on my own. I've always wanted to make this trip happen and here I am, pulling it off! This is one thing I can cross off my bucket list.

I relaxed for most of the morning. I think that's mostly what I'm going to be doing for the remainder of this trip. All I'm going to do is focus on the Derby and relax. I'm exhausted. Milan doesn't really have all that much to do compared to the other cities I've been to so I figure hanging out and soaking in Italian culture is all I really want to do aside from the Derby.

My flight leaves super early (7:45 AM) from Milan Malpensa on Tuesday morning. It takes at least 50 minutes to get there. I'm a little bit worried about making it there that early, so I figure I'll definitely need to do my best to get to be early tomorrow so that I don't miss my flight.
I'm writing this as I prepare to head to the stadium. I'm super nervous but this is going to be an amazing time. I'll make a separate post for how the game went. There are no excuses, we should win this game. Forza Milan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive