Saturday, March 16, 2019

Saturday, March 16th. Como/Milan

I was able to get a decently early start on the day. I got the hop on/hop off water bus ticket, which took you to give different towns on Lake Como. I was only really interested in visiting Cernobbio, the town that has the villa that John Legend and Chrissy Teigan got married at. I also wanted to visit George Clooney's villa but it wasn't the easiest place to get to, so I skipped out on that.

This water bus was a lot more fun to ride in compared to the speed boat that takes you to Bellagio. When I got to Cernobbio, I was glad to see that the villa was only a 15 minute walk away. On the way there I stopped by this random alleyway that led right to the lake. I stood right on the water. I got on this moss covered rock, slipped, and ate shit. I didn't hurt myself or anything, although my ego did take a big hit lol. The two older Italian couples there with me made sure I was okay. I embarrassingly smiled it off and took some pics before scurrying off.

I couldn't get into the villa (of course), but I got some good pics of cool spots along the way. I got back on the water bus and headed back to Como.

I had two hours before my 2:00PM train to Milan arrived so I got some pizza and gelato before heading back to the train station.

I arrived in Milan and had to figure out how to get to my hotel. It was a 55 minute walk or 25 minutes by train. When I first arrived in Milan I didn't mind the walk to my hotel because it gave me a lay of the land and allowed me to soak in more of the culture.

At this point, however, I'm fucking exhausted. Three weeks is a long ass time for a vacation. I think two weeks is probably as long as a vacation should be. Backpacking is dope but it gets tiring, especially if you're going up hundreds of steps with all of your luggage on your back.

I took the train to my hotel. It's been a while since I've taken a local metro. I think the last time was in Munich.

The difference in local transportation is very different. In Germany they go by the honor system which is great. Milan is like the rest of the world where you can't get through the gate without your ticket. Little things like this make a world of difference when it comes to comparing countries/cities. Germany and Switzerland run public transportation on the honor system and somehow their public transportation seems cleaner and more efficient.

My hotel is pretty nice. It's probably the best hotel I've stayed at on this trip. It's a nice way to end the trip.

I went back to Casa Milan, the headquarters for everything AC Milan. It has a museum, bar, store, and ticket office. I had been to the store when I first arrived weeks ago when I bought my scarf. This time I went to the museum. Whole lot of history there. Only worth it for Milan nerds like myself though. Huge waste of money otherwise. I bought a sweet reversible jacket that I'm going to wear to the Derby.

On the way back to the hotel I stopped by a mini market to pick up some bottled water. The cashier finished up with the customer ahead of me and I could tell they were talking about tomorrow's Derby. I was hyped and hoped that the cashier spoke English so that we could talk about how badly Milan was going to beat Inter.

All that excitement ended when I heard the cashier end their convo and say "Forza Inter!" I was clearly a Milan supporter, with my huge Milan Store bag. I hid my bag and tried to end the transaction as quickly as possible, lol.

I got back to the hotel and rested for a bit before finding a good pizza spot. I got a pizza and brought it back to my hotel. I watched soccer and ate pizza in my room for the rest of the night. Pretty solid day if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive