Friday, March 15, 2019

Thursday, March 14th. Como

I didn't get into Como until 1:00PM. The weather was okay but the weather was going to be really good Friday, so I figured I'd save the boat rides to the other places around Lake Como for Friday.

I checked into my hotel and galavanted around Como. This is probably the smallest city that I've visited this entire trip.

I searched for a good restaurant to eat at and came across a good panini place. It's so weird searching for good places to eat because yelp isn't popular here. TripAdvisor is the closest thing to yelp and it's kind of inconsistent.

At any rate, the panino was really good. I found a popular bakery that was highly rated on TripAdvisor, and rightfully so. I got some random pastry (I forget the name) that was super good. Maybe I'll go back before I leave.

I did more laundry and listened to some soccer podcasts. They recapped the crazy champions league games that I watched earlier in the week and previewed the Derby Della Madonnina which is this Sunday. It got me even more hyped! This might be Milan's biggest game this season and I'm going to be there at the San Siro. Surrounded by tens of thousands of Milan fans, cheering on the team that I love. I've spent years watching this game from home but I'm finally here to witness it in person. Life GOALS, Got dammit!

One of the guys from one of my favorite podcasts will also be in attendance. He encouraged us to hit him up if we'll be in attendance and I slid in his IG DMs. He's an Interista but he's got great takes on Serie A and I consume their content every week. I've already supported them by buying some merch but it'd be nice to buy that guy a beer and talk calcio.

I wanted to see Captain Marvel in theaters and there's supposed to be a really good theater in Como. It's relatively cheap (€7.50 for a premium Dolby Atmosphere ticket) and it wasn't too far away.

I tried to take the bus but I ran into some issues. The sign says you can buy a ticket on board (with €1 extra charge applied) or you can buy a ticket at a parking meter. I got on the bus and the bus driver and tried to pay but the driver wouldn't take my money. He told me in broken English that you cannot buy a ticket on the bus. Embarrassed and not wanting to hold up the bus, I asked to be let off the bus, but the driver closed the door and drove off. I was so confused and embarrassed, lollll. I got off at the next stop and figured that it's only a 50 minute walk (~4km), and I might as well burn off some of the calories that I've gained this trip.

Little did I know, this walk was up this huge hill. I definitely worked my ass off, lol. I finally got to the theater and they were only showing the movie in Italian. Again, I felt embarrassed. It was pretty brutal lol. I had to work so hard to try to get to this movie theater, only for things to not work out. But part of traveling is being flexible and remaining positive.

I thought about trying to take the bus back but I couldn't find any of those dumb parking meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive