Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Tuesday, March 12th. Florence

People here dress nicely. I sound say thank it seems like most of the everyday people dress nice.

In Milan I felt like most people dressed for convenience. Older people dressed really nicely, but people my age were mostly dressing for convenience. Bubble jackets, jeans, and sneakers.

Here in Florence, I'm seeing a lot of dope coats and winter wear.

I got here at 1:00PM and my hotel room wasn't ready. I dropped my stuff off and went straight to a restaurant. I had a Florentine Steak (something Florence is known for). It was really good, but I wouldn't say it was the best steak I've ever had. The waiter saw that I was watching a podcast about calcio and we struck up a conversation about the Juventus-Atletico Madrid game that night. He was from a city near Naples but he's a Juve fan. I told him that I didn't think Juve would be able to bring it back from a 2-0 deficit. When he came back with the check he wrote 4-0 on it and said to remember 4-0 when the game is over tonight. We laughed and I went on my way.

I got some gelato and went exploring. Got a couple of pictures and finally checked into my room.

Florence is supposed to have one of the best sunset views in the world at Piazza Michelangelo. I made it up there (takes a decent hike up a bunch of stairs to get there) and I gotta say, it's deserving of the accolades. Seeing the sunset against the Duomo and all the surrounding red roofs is fucking crazy.

I chilled, got dinner, and went to an Irish pub to watch the champions league game. I made friends with this couple. The guy was from New Zealand and the girl was from England. They were cool and very friendly but lowkey I just wanted to catch the game. They kept wanting to talk and I obliged, but damn I missed out on Ronaldo's second goal.

As for the game, Juventus brought it back, won 3-0, did the inevitable and advanced. Ronaldo scored all three goals. That motherfucker is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive