Friday, March 8, 2019

Thursday, March 7th. Munich

I woke up this morning and had to get to my FlixBus at 9:30. I helped some Filipino aunties from Switzerland find their way to their bus. That was cool.

The FlixBus was pretty cool. Cheap and efficient. WiFi sucked, but whatever.

During the drive I noticed that Germans drive pretty well. Slower traffic actually merges to the right and allows faster vehicles to pass on the left. It was impressive.

During our drive I tried to pinpoint why traveling in Europe's countryside has been so much more enjoyable for me than seeing the countryside in America. I think it's the trees. I've seen a bunch of different trees that I've never seen before. I've read that trees in New England give the same feeling. Maybe I'll visit one day.

My hostel was super close to Munich Central Station. It barely even felt like a hostel. It was somewhere between a hotel and a hostel. I only shared this room with two other people, which was nice. They were younger dudes and they spoke Spanish. I didn't bother to talk to them because aside from the initial hellos (exchanged in English), they were always sleeping. Apparently people really sleep 9-10 hours sometimes. That's so strange to me lol.

It was the point in the trip where my laundry was piling up. I spent a lot of time doing laundry before I finally got out and moved around.

Munich feels a lot like Madrid. Very modern city with pretty much anything you could ask for in a contemporary city. Being here makes me feel like I'm a part of a city that has their shit together.

I will say that there are so many tall people here. I've seen so many men and women who are taller than me.

I walked around and searched for a good restaurant. I hadn't eaten a meal and the sun was going down so I was looking for a good, hearty meal. I found a spot that ended up being really good. The waiter recommended a sampler platter that gives a good idea of bavarian food.

It came with veal schnitzel, sausage, wagyu beef, veggies, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes. It was a LOT. I didn't finish it but it was fucking amazingggg. The wagyu beef might be the best thing I've tried on this trip so far. Soooo good. The sauerkraut was good. Sausage was pretty standard. I don't think I really fuck with schnitzel. It's tenderized meat, breaded and deep fried. That sounds like it's right up my alley but my Americanized palate needed more seasoning. I needed some cajun spice or something on that bitch!

After the meal I headed towards the English Garden. It was only 8:00PM on a Thursday and I noticed all of the shops were closing down. Strange. I got to the park and that motherfucker was poorly lit. To the point that I turned right around and noped the fuck out of there lol. I figured I could go back the next day after I come back from my day trip to Neuschwanstein Castle.

I spent the rest of the night walking around and enjoying the scenery. I've seriously done so much walking this trip. I would probably benefit from getting a foot massage from one of the many Thai spas that I've seen multiple times on this trip.

Today felt like the most "travel day" day so far. Most of the day was spent getting ready, traveling, and doing laundry. Hopefully tomorrow feels more vacation like.

Christmas markets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive