Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Tuesday March 5th. Prague

I haven't stopped smiling since I got here. This place is fucking amazing.

I stepped out of the train station and was greeted with beautiful Czech architecture.  Every building looks like it's from the 1700's or older. And yes they do come together well. Cobblestone streets. Just beautiful. I've only been here for a few hours and this might be my favorite city as far as buildings and architecture goes.

I found my hostel and got settled in. I've run into some interesting personalities at hostels so far. In Berlin it was the unnecessarily loud American. Here it was the nervous traveler. This guy came in right after me to check in, but was sort of pushy about getting checked in and was obviously nervous about something. The fact that his English wasn't great wasn't helping matters either. I let the receptionist check him in first. Hopefully that guy is doing alright.

The game plan was to get to the Adidas store to get running or soccer gloves. Such is my luck, they didn't have any. I figured I'd just say fuck it and not get any, since these two nights in Prague are supposed to be the coldest temps that I'll run into during this trip.

So now I have to try to find this burger joint that my sister recommended to me. Conveniently it's right down the block. I get there and it looks pretty legit but the seating area is tiny af and there were no empty tables. I didn't feel like dealing with all that so I went and found this Mongolian BBQ spot that was actually really good. I've determined that Prague is a foodie's paradise. Every single food place looks amazing.

The sun's down and it's dark af but this is exactly how I wanted it to be when I got to the Charles bridge. I make my way over there through the maze of wonderful architecture. Apparently the buildings are a mix of Roman, Baroque, Gothic, and a myriad of other styles. It's crazy because the way they illuminate these classic buildings with those yellow-orange (fluorescent?) light bulbs makes it feel like you're walking through Disneyland for the first time. Being here feels like I'm in the grown up version of Disneyland. I would go as far as to say that it feels magical, lol.

It was pretty fucking cold. 39° with a wind chill of 34°. But I got a hot chocolate from some street cafe and thugged it out. And I'm glad I did because walking up to and seeing Charles Bridge lit up for the first time is definitely one of the dopest experiences of my life. It feels like you're in the middle of a fantasy land.

The first thing you see is this huge tower at the near end of the bridge. Then you get closer and see Prague Castle off in the distance. Serious Disneyland vibes here. Anyone who tells me Disneyland wasn't inspired by Prague is a fucking liar.

Then you see the Vltava River flowing. The way the city lights flicker against the water. Weird ass statues (lol).

With it being late at night and the weather getting so cold, Charles bridge didn't have too many visitors. Which is right up my alley. I love solitude.

This isn't to say that it was peaceful and quiet, because there were hundreds of seagulls chillin on the river, screeching and hollering. It sounded like a huge seagull orgy lol.

That said, being there at that moment was a MOOD. Words can't really do it justice. I'll definitely be back here one day.

Going to Charles bridge at night is already one of the highlights of the trip. I honestly dgaf what I do tomorrow with my full day here because seeing Charles bridge like this made it worth it to come to Prague. That said, I plan on checking out some of the food spots that my sister recommended. Her and her boyfriend recommended some park on top of a hill overlooking the city that you can drink at. That sounds like it's RIGHT up my alley.

Hopefully I can do all that and go to a sports bar to catch the champions league games at night. Apparently Real Madrid just got knocked out by Ajax and I missed it. Let's hope Juventus don't advance either. That'd be the cherry on top of my already awesome Prague experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive