Sunday, May 2, 2010

"You Go Girl!"

Watching tv shows and movies like "House" and "Scrubs" helps me realize how stressful it must be to work in the medical field. There's a lot of touchy issues that must really try at the characters of the nurses, doctors, and even the janitors and cafeteria workers at a hospital. I'm sure that everyday life working at a hospital isn't as dramatic as it seems on tv or in the movies(they are just entertainment after all), but there's definitely some reality behind those stories.

It makes me wish that I could be a doctor or nurse one day. I feel that I could handle the stress and weight of a hectic job like one in a hospital. While I wouldn't very much enjoy some of the duties(like explaining to someone that their disease is fatal or having to deal with unruly family members), I believe that I could bear that weight better than a lot of people.

It's not that I really wish to be a medical doctor or anything. Contrarily, I'm pretty bad with math and the natural sciences. But I do wish that I could take the tough parts of those jobs and put that weight on my shoulder because I believe I could handle that stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive