Monday, May 3, 2010

Curitiba, Brazil



I learned about this city, consistently hailed as one of the most eco-friendly cities in the world, in my environmental science class.

Some random facts I remember from lecture:

The city recycles two-thirds of its refuse.

Parks are maintained not by lawn mowers, but by actual shepherds! *mind blown*

Has one of the best economies in the country.

One of the best public transportation systems in the world, including a great bus system that runs in and out of each suburb around Curitiba. The buses run on an honor system; individual tickets are cheap, and often aren't checked at all. However, there is a steep fine for anyone caught without a ticket.

High on my list of interesting places in the world that I wouldn't mind visiting one day.

A great article about Curitiba Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive