Friday, May 7, 2010

Tonight's Aspirations

Whether you check this blog often or if this is your first time checking in, this post is for you.

It's been a year since I started this blog. These are a few thoughts that I have about this blog.

I originally started this out as a simple outlet for me to get out random ideas, and it's become something a little more than that. At first, I just wanted a place to put things that I wanted to put on facebook as a note. I noticed that I started thinking of more and more ideas of things that I wanted to share with anyone willing to listen.

I've always found solace in having a forum to get out random feelings, thoughts, ideas and all kinds of other random things. This blog has proven to be a great tool for me to grow through. I write down all kinds of lingering ideas that I don't want to forget. I jot down random thoughts that I don't want to forget or don't want to be able to deny ever having.

I've posted things that I'm not proud of as well as things that I absolutely love.

I look back at some of my posts and think "wtf was I thinking?"

My blog is named "Tonight's Aspirations" because it reflects what I wanted this blog to become. I often find myself wondering what my plans are for the night. It's this look to the near future that I wanted to capture with some of my posts. I feel like that's something that a lot of people can relate to. I write a lot of things here that I hope that other people can relate to.

After writing so many posts, it's inevitable that I develop a voice in my posts. I don't know how I would describe it, nor do I know if I even keep it constant enough for it to be classified. I feel afraid sometimes that this voice isn't enjoyable to listen to. Maybe it is. I don't know.

I realize that as with most blogs, a lot of my posts are hit or miss. I look back and see posts that I would like to delete, but I don't because I believe that the same reason that I make those posts is the same reason that I make the posts that I absolutely love.

I've only been asked about my blog a handful of times. Each time, I've been afraid that the person I was talking to didn't like my blog. Maybe they thought I was too pretentious, maybe they thought my posts were boring, or maybe they didn't like how plain and boring my layout is. I was pleasantly surprised when each talk was a positive one. Please don't be afraid to talk to me about my blog, whether it be through a comment on a post, through IMs, or better yet, in real life. I love talking about anything and everything I've ever posted. Whether you agree or disagree with something I've posted, or really liked a video or picture or whatever else I've posted on here, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you for supporting this blog. All the support is overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive