Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm Sick and Tired of the Loose Rap

I remember when I was younger, on random trips to vegas or random places around California, I would look at skylines of mountains set against purple clouds and dark blue skies. The unique picture made my imagination run wild. I would imagine that the dark, giant mountains were evil castles and that one day I would journey to those castles and fight the knights, dragons and alligators guarding those castles.

Looking back, I had quite an imagination. I think I still do. But I think that as I've grown, these wild dreams of mine have become casualties to my life as a responsible adult. I've got a hundred times more things to worry about now than I had back then. I'm sure that if I didn't have so many worries and so many responsibilities, that I'd be able to dream these wild dreams still.

It's odd because when I was young, all I wanted was to have these responsibilities. I wanted to be able to drive. I wanted to stay up late. I really wanted to be able to buy food through a drive through(lol). But now that I have that, a part of me wants to go back to when my life was much more stress free. Don't get me wrong. I love being an adult with all kinds of responsibilities, especially because I can handle all of it most of it. But I need to be careful to never lose my childish innocence and my wildly naive dreams.

I'm going to strike a good balance between being a responsible adult and being a stupid and naive 10 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive