Thursday, April 29, 2010

That's Exactly What's Happened Here Tonight

man, i’m the one
and you should let the boys know too[two]
show them niggas every single thing i showed you
i’m here feeling like 50 back in ‘02
and everybody saying i’m the man…so true
but what does it take to feel secure
a place with wooden floors
space to put awards
a couple of parking spots
maids to do the chores
the cars you always wanted
the women that you adore
well i got it, i got it
i wonder if i’d be happy without it
i doubt it
i really try not to think about it
i made it but i’m still playing like i’m being scouted
til’ i’m outed
game time bitch
i know your proud of us
king james shit!
watch me throw the powder up
this og got my whole suite clouded up
and i bet you i’ll be out of town
before i’m outta luck
they ain’t rooting for me
they ain’t clapping for me
i’m always saying “can’t someone just be happy for me?”
i really hate to say i told you so.
so i bite my tongue,…but you know you know.

This is the stuff that has me excited for Drake's "Thank Me Later." "Over," "Find Your Love," and "Shut It Down" are sorta subpar, but I can't wait to hear the finished product. "Fireworks," "Miss Me," and "Light Up" are going to carry the album, at least I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive