Monday, April 26, 2010

1

I always find myself wondering
What is it that you see in me?
Do you see my cocky side
Or rather notice my insecurity?
Is it enough for me to be kind
Or do I need to be more?
Because I'm growing less and less sure
That I'm kind-hearted to the core
Trust that I'm doing my best to please
Each and every one of you
But you can bet your bottom dollar that
I'm not doing any of this because of you
Rather, I'm making the decisions that I make
To make myself happy, to make myself proud
And I do it by the book
I do it by following what's allowed
Cuz while you're steady trying to find shortcuts
Trying to find the easy way out
I'm still doing everything you're doing and more
That's a big part of what I'm about
Cuz I'll accomplish everything a cheater can
And even more on top of that
All while having a sense of honor
And keeping my integrity intact
Cuz when I was growing up
My Dad and I had made a pact
To do the right thing
To never stray, and that's a fact
So go ahead and try to corrupt me
This drive just can't be hacked
Cuz you're working with luck
And I've got my work ethic, smarts, and tact
In the small chance that I were to fail
And do something badly, something wack
I wouldn't worry because
I'm surrounded by people who unquestionably have my back

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive