Monday, April 26, 2010

Standing In a Field of Daisies

I found myself writing lines in my head today. These past few posts are all that I have to show for it. Writing this all out helped me to realize some things about writing poetry/lyrics/whatever these are. I'll get into the ideas this writing provoked before I put up what I've written.

First, it is really difficult to end your piece of writing with something fitting enough to end it all with. I really wanted to end these with some really cool punchlines, but nothing came to mind worth putting down, so I'm left with stories with no ending.

Second, neither of these are too personal. I know that most of the art that I consider great comes from very deep and very personal parts of artists, so when I try to bring out the artistic side in me, this is one of the first things I take into consideration. However, these two bodies of work aren't too personal to me. I guess they're personal in the sense that I was able to think of these lines because of my past experiences, ideas, thoughts, and feelings, but neither is directed to or written about one person in particular. In actuality, I don't think any of them are about anything in particular. They definitely aren't very specific, at least.

To be honest, I'm a little bit afraid of writing anything too personal. I know it'd make for some good writing, but I'd have to choose something really near and dear to me. Then I'd have to go and write something so eloquent that it matches how much that event means to me. I think that it'd be too daunting a task. Even if I were to complete something like that, I'd always question the quality of that work.

Hopefully I can keep working on writing stuff, and I'll be able to build on everything I've done. I'm gunna be sure to eventually write things that hit closer to home for me. I also hope to be able to finish off these kinds of things with a fitting enough ending. Having to cut these things short gives me such a big feeling of disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive