Monday, April 26, 2010

2

As much as I hate to admit it
You know I'm scared shitless
That you don't like what we have
And you're planning out how to quit this
Maybe that's the source of my fear
Maybe that's why I'm afraid
That you don't realize what I've been through
The dues that I've gone and paid
Cuz I'm putting in twice the effort
That I lead you on to believe
Putting us in a position
For us together to succeed
So when it doesn't work out well
I end up feeling the need
To somehow make it up to you
Or maybe this is greed?
Who am I to be so lucky
To have everything I possess
What have I done to deserve this?
I guess I'll just confess
That it might look like I know what I'm doing
But I'm just trying to impress
It affects everything I do
All the way down to how I dress
I guess I'm thinking too much?
Maybe it's for the best?
But I do appreciate the fact
That you're putting me to the test
So if you're having second thoughts
Then I guess I can't really blame you
Just know that all of this is real
I don't think I could ever hate you
I love everything about you
I've seen your best and I've seen your worst
Is this because of that one time
I had a fiery outburst?
I still don't know why we're through
I guess maybe we're just cursed?
Looks like we're not gunna last
But I love you because you were my first

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive