Monday, February 8, 2010

I am the Unsung Hero

My TA for the creative writing class I'm in seems to really enjoy my writing, seeing as she makes it a point to ask me to share one of my works every week in discussion. It's funny cuz I don't work particularly hard on these assignments. But here's something she asked me to share today. The assignment was to freewrite about any one of a list of body parts she had listed. I chose to write about lips.

Lips are a body part, located on the lower middle of the head if you are face to face with someone. There are two sides to it; an upper lip and a lower lip. There are also lips located between a girl’s legs, and those lips make up a sexual organ. People are usually ashamed to talk about those kinds of lips though. They sometimes have lipstick on them. They sometimes have chap stick on them. This is so that they look nice and pretty. I personally don’t wear lipstick or chap stick. My lips are naturally nice. Haha. My lips have only touched a handful of other people’s lips, and that’s either respectable or sad. They are typically soft, unless they are chapped, and very rarely make contact with anything other than food, drink, and toothpaste. I really hope that my lips don’t touch anything else, at least. Lips is also the name of a strip club full of obese women, but that’s besides the point. I don’t ever want to go there. The person who is typically attributed with having the nicest lips in Hollywood is Angelina Jolie. I think it’s kind of weird to have people be obsessed with your lips. I think that to be obsessed with someone’s lips is more lust than anything and I hope to separate myself from lust and to be more focused on finding love, though it gets trying at times. Lips can smell like cherry chap stick or rose lipstick. They can look like, hell, I don’t think you can really say that they look like anything other than lips. The word eludes me at the moment. To touch lips is to be very intimate and close with that person. I don’t think you can really hear lips, other than the smacking of lips or hearing lips move when you kiss or eat or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive