Wednesday, February 17, 2010

In a Matter of Time, It Would Slip From My Mind

As sorrowful as it is, I have nothing but love for the feeling I get when I'm at my computer, staring blankly into nothing, and I can feel my mood lower more and more each second. My sanity is slowly slipping away, I can feel it.

I'm listening to a song that sounds like it'd sound even better if I were drunk or high, which brought me to a train of thought.

What's wrong with drinking alone? I kind of want to go take a couple of shots right now, in hopes of bettering my mood? In hopes of shaking things up, of getting away from this unwanted feeling? I'm not really sure.

I think that it's a plausible idea, drinking alone, that is. Maybe I'd get one of my roommates to drink with me, but I wouldn't want to chill with them at the moment, I'd much rather be alone. I kind of want to be drunk, alone, and I'd play the part of a talented writer who drinks the night away, being a borderline alcoholic, only I'd do it for just one night. I'd enjoy this music, maybe write something down, maybe even have a drunk convo or two.

While I don't think my better judgment will allow me to follow through with doing this, for tonight at least, all of these ideas and feelings are completely genuine. I thought I'd capture these thoughts because I'm in a very specific mood and I find that while not all of it really hits, I nearly always have really cool/random thoughts when I'm in very different, very specific moods.

3 comments:

  1. Why do I put up posts like these? Posts that probably are a little bit embarassing, a little bit too personal?

    I do it because I want to capture these moods through writing down the ideas and feelings I have while going through them. I do it because maybe one day, someone will call me out on one of these posts. I'll want to say one thing, but they would have read one of my posts and would be able to call bullshit on me, and force me to explain. And I won't be able to, because I was completely honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the way you're able to put your ideas out like this. i can't do it. i can't convey what i think and feel into words. that's probably why i post pictures most of the time. haha. but yeah... hi ryan! i like your entries. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahha thank you christine! that's really thoughtful of you to say

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive