Thursday, February 11, 2010

Caramel

My Creative Writing Professor had us do this exercise especially for Valentine's Day. She gave each of us one hershey's kiss and instructed us not to touch it, look at it, put it away, and especially not to eat it, until she said so. She proceeded with her lecture, and waited until about 15 minutes left in class before she said we could hold it. She told us to keep someone *special* in mind while we did this exercise. She told us to think about how long we've been waiting to have this chocolate, how the delayed gratification felt. Then, we were to slowly unwrap it, and to take note of how we did it. Then, we were to put it to our lips, but not to put it in our mouths just yet. Our lips are one of the most sensitive parts of our body, so we were to keep in mind how it felt to touch the chocolate to our lips. Then, finally, we were to put the chocolate in our mouths, taking note of how we put it in(did we eagerly shove it in there, did we slowly drop it in?). Finally, she let us loose to indulge in the chocolaty goodness.

She told us how she hoped that we took careful note of the entire process, because our next task was to freewrite about it, starting with "You are my chocolate and you..."

It seemed that the class took it to heart, because it got silent, save for the sound of pens and pencils on paper and the sound of wrists getting uncranked as a result of bad handwriting posture. Eventually, we finished the 10 minutes of freewriting, and even got to hear two volunteers present their work. Their stuff was really good too. One was about how the girl was allergic to chocolate, and how she despised chocolate, and avoided it at all costs. The other was highlighted by the line "You aren't my chocolate, you're my caramel, and I fuckin' LOVE caramel!" I wish I had a copy of their work so I could post it here, but I'll have to settle for putting mine up.

You are my chocolate and you are such a tease. I know that you are tasty, but you are hidden, protected by this silver armor. You dangle out a flag, inviting me in, teasing me to pull it, but why can't you simply not put up this armor? I want to break down your armor, fuck a flag, I'm breaking down your armor, and I'm going to expose your ass for the tease you are. There, I did it, I got past that stupid silver armor, past your protection, bypassed the trick that was your flag, and now it's only you. You and me, tasty chocolate, and we're gonna have some fun. I slowly put away the flag, the armor, tuck it away someplace safe, and now it's just you and me. I press you to my lips, slowly, because I'm scared, frantically, because I'm nervous, but anticipating, because I'm ready to do this! Now my lips are touching your cocoa goodness, and it feels good, it feels right, like a first kiss. I want so badly to do it already, to swallow you whole, no bites, because a bite would be too harsh, because you deserve to be savored. I want so badly to put you in my mouth already, but I don't, because this isn't all about me, no, I let you stay here on my lips, feeling every bit of you, touching every part of you. Now, now's the moment that I get you, get you inside my mouth, inside my mouth for me to enjoy, all to myself. All that work, breaking down your silver shell, all that work, working you closer and closer to my lips, all that work, resisting the temptation to go fast, to go past all the steps and to prematurely swallow you whole, all of that, building up to this moment right here. Now you're in my mouth, I got you, and I'm not letting go. I let you sit on the middle of my tongue, perched there, mine. I don't dare bite you, no, I stick to the gameplan. I let you sit there, oozing away, as I take in every bit of you.

LOL I sincerely hope that paining yourself through that provided you with as many laughs as it did for me. On that note, Happy valentine's day everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I couldn't get passed the first 3 lines before I said, "NO MORE!"

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive