Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Upon Further Reflection

I'm a very stubborn person. I'm not too stubborn to ignore facts or to go and not listen to someone who's obviously right. But I have noticed that there are times, probably more than I'd like to admit, that I'll have an idea, and be so convinced that my idea is right, that instead of looking at the actual merit of an opposing argument, I'll just assume that it's wrong.

This all came about when I was thinking about how I went about my day today. I took two naps, one of which was the best nap I can remember having. I considered the pros and cons of taking so much time to sleep during the day. I came up with two differing views.

One said that it's perfectly fine to be taking these extended naps. If my body calls for extra time to rest and recuperate, then so be it. Do whatever it takes to keep your body in good shape.

On the other hand, these naps are wasting time, and time is precious. I still haven't been actively looking for a job, one of my few goals this quarter.

I'm going to have to keep this in mind as I move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive