Saturday, August 10, 2013

She do that thang for three retweets

One thing I see a lot of is people who gloat mainly to belittle others and justify themselves. They post on social media sites about their accomplishments because they need everyone to see what they're doing. They need to tell the world/be told that they're doing well. They need the justification that dozens of likes will provide.

I think a better route to go is to avoid that altogether. Be content with knowing that you're pretty enough, smart enough, that what you're spending time on is something worth spending time on. You shouldn't need other people to justify your actions; self approval and acceptance should be more than enough for you. Being content with yourself is worth so much more than outside justification. I think if you're truly happy with yourself, you don't even need much outside justification. It acts merely as a bonus.

"But wait, I post the stuff I post to motivate others! I post my gym pics to show that if people work hard enough and are dedicated enough, they can get like me! I post about me getting a job to show that if people work hard enough, they can get a good paying job with benefits!"

That might be how it starts, but once you get that first comment that lets you know you're doing all right, that shit becomes a crack addiction. Each post you make becomes a plea for more and more comments and justification.

If you truly post solely to motivate, I challenge you to make it so you can't view how many likes you get or what the comments say. The only challenge then is to avoid becoming vain and a showoff. A braggart.

But this is getting a little preachy so lemme switch it up one time for you fools...REMIX!

Why I don't have an Instagram, I don't know. I really don't. Girls willingly post provocative pictures of themselves. Bikinis, dresses, short shorts, anything you could imagine. Why a straight, sexually functioning male like myself isn't on Instagram? Why wouldn't I wanna be a part of something that awesome? I really have no idea. Lol

And while I'm on the topic...yesterday a buddy of mine told me I need to get an Instagram because it's the best way to see what everyone's doing every day.

The thing is, I don't gives a FUCK what y'all do every day! I don't care what y'all eat, drink, I don't need to be updated on what your daily routine looks like! Fuck outta here! And to you motherfuckers who justify your vanity posts with claims of motivating others, I say to you, "I don't compete with y'all motherfuckers! The only competition I see is myself, ya hear!?"

Yakh yakh yakh! Bangbangbang skeetskeetskeet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive