Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Who Would've Thought

I used to go through my life carefully, thinking out the ways that I wanted things to work out. I would be very careful and calculated about everything I did. My life was great this way, but I came under some pretty harsh criticism from some people that I care deeply about. They accused me of not "living life" and told me that I needed to stop thinking so much and just "live life," whatever the hell that means haha.

I gave in and entertained the idea of not thinking things through as much and instead running through life as a young and naive kid, making stupid decisions and not thinking things through as much.

Now my life is just as great as it was before. Not much has changed really although I have made decisions much differently than I would have previously. This has led to a lot of unwise decisions, but I cherish each experience that I've had as a result of this lifestyle change.

That being said, a big thing that helps with this change has been stepping back every once in a while and reflecting on what has happened with my life lately. This happens on many different levels, whether it be on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis.

The past few days have been laced with all kinds of these reflections. This flood of new posts will be a bunch of things I've thought about lately but haven't gotten around to posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive