Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lovers and Friends

People who drive nice cars/trucks get a lot of attention and compliments. However, behind the wheel of every car is a person. The car they drive doesn't say much, if anything, about the person behind the wheel.

Same goes for fashion. Someone who dresses nice is often given a better first impression than someone who may not be dressed as nice. However, the person who is dressed nicely can be a total dick, while the person who isn't dressed as nice can be a great person.

Really obvious stuff, but nonetheless, I see instances everyday where this stuff isn't kept in mind.

For example, today in lecture, I overheard a conversation between two dudes; let's call them Jimmy and Timmy.

Jimmy asked Timmy if he knew a guy named Kanye. Timmy replied, "Hell yeah i know Kanye, he drives a nice ass car."

This killed me, because for all I know, Kanye is a great guy, and all Timmy had to say, the first thing that came to mind, was the car that Kanye drove. It wasn't how great a guy Kanye was, or how funny he was, but how nice his car was, that came to mind.

I would haaaaaaaaaaate to have the car I drive or the clothes I wear as the first thing someone mentions about me when I come up in a conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive