Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Desire

Lay your head on my pillow
Here you can be yourself
No one has to know what you are feeling
No one but me and you

I won't tell your secrets
Your secrets are safe with me
I will keep your secrets
Just think of me as the pages in your diary

Lyrics never look as good on paper as they do when they're being sung. This is some beautiful shit right here, and I was hoping to do it justice by posting the lyrics here, but it just isn't the same.

This song reminds me of some of the benefits of being in a relationship, namely being able to vent to someone who genuinely cares about your wellbeing.

I also miss listening to someone's problems and genuinely caring about them. As shallow as that sounds, I truly don't care about anyone else's problems as much as my significant other's. If it were any other way, I wouldn't be with that person. I do care about other people and their problems, but with my significant other's problems, things get elevated to another level.

When is the last time that you were able to lie down on someone's bed and bitch about all the problems in your life, and have that person give you useful feedback because they really do care about you? And you do this, you bitch and vent because you've given that person all the trust you can possibly dole out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive