Tuesday, October 20, 2009

yesterday

I was with a couple of my friends, shopping at target. My friend ended up taking a bike off of the rack and riding it around the store. I shrugged it off, thinking it was really funny and cool. I personally wouldn't do it because I was a little scared of the consequences(no matter how little they might be). I don't think I was really scared of the consequences, I just didn't want to go through the bs that would ensue should I have to face consequences. Anyway, my friend handed the bike over to me and pretty much peer pressured me to ride it around. Not only was I not looking forward to any consequences, but I hadn't ridden a bike in years, so I was definitely hesitant to take the handlebar from him.

I ended up riding around for a couple of minutes, and those few minutes were some of the happiest minutes I've had in a while. It felt so liberating, not only going against social norms, but enjoying something as simple as riding a bike with my friends. I felt so good that I got a little woozy and my mind started blanking out on me. I was fine, but I was astonished at how much fun I was having from such a simple endeavor.

It's these moments that I live for. I can only hope that my future is laden with many more experiences like that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive