Monday, October 26, 2009

stuck

Should I study or devote the next hour or so to (insert random hobby here)?

I'm often caught in these kinds of dilemmas. Obviously, the responsible thing to do would be to suck it up and study. However, it's not very often that I'm loose enough to do some things such as freestyle, so if I ever get time to, and am loose enough to freestyle, I cherish every second of that time.

I'm often caught in these kinds of dilemmas, and it gets very troubling sometimes. Do I sacrifice my study time for some downtime? I find myself needing a lot of time to relax and wind down from all the stress and pressure in my life, and I almost never hesitate when presented with the choice between winding down and having fun(like playing a simple video game) and being responsible and doing homework. I feel like playing whatever video game I'm into at the moment helps me keep my sanity, allowing me to relieve some stress and keep my sanity.

If I were to study, I feel like it would contribute to the stress that i already feel, whereas playing a video game or (insert random hobby here) would help relieve that stress. Obviously, i choose the latter more often than not, and it helps me keep my sanity imo. However, it also has consequences, namely hurting my education.

I'm often torn in these dilemmas. School is definitely a major part in these dilemmas, but the dilemmas definitely aren't limited to school. I can only hope to one day develop a healthy balance between these two. I hope to one day be able to handle these situations better, to pick the better option each and every time. Then again, is there a better option? Both options have their pros and cons.

I feel like my head is gunna 'asplode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive