Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Worst Attribute

When dealing with matters of the past, it's bad to dwell too much on one thought. Dwelling on one thought often leads to overthinking the issue and stressing too much over something that often isn't that big of a deal.

However, it isn't bad to think long and hard about something, especially when done with the right intentions. It's healthy to think long and hard about matters of the past; it's how we develop our values and feelings towards those matters.

I'm often attributed with overthinking matters. My peers say that I worry too much about things that don't deserve much thought. They're probably right some of the time(I would say maybe 1 out of 3 times). I personally think that I keep a decently reasonable ratio between dwelling and overthinking versus a healthy amount of thinking things over.

Don't be afraid to think about matters of the past. As long as you keep in mind what is bad about dwelling on a subject and keep your intentions geared towards growing from those past experiences, all that thinking is healthy for you. Don't forgo thinking deeply about a matter because you're afraid of dwelling on it. I know that I'm constantly keeping myself in check on this matter. Hopefully you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive