Monday, May 27, 2013

There Are No Normal People, Just Different Kinds Of Weird

Editor's note: I had to go and release a post from the depths of the "tonight's aspirations" vault on you hoes! It's crazy to see how I wrote as well as what I write about years ago.

     I'm soooo jealous/envious of people who "have game." Being able to meet someone and instantly be capable of making them laugh, smile, or otherwise loosen up and reciprocate the interest is such a great talent to have.

"Having game" typically means that the person can go to a party, pick out someone they're interested in, and find a way to get what they want from them, be it a number, a kiss, or even all the way to sex. It could be through use of flattery, jokes or any other number of strategies. No matter the strategy (and people who have game have all kinds of strategies), results are had.

Unfortunately, I don't really think I have game, at least in the typical sense of the word. I've never had much luck getting at girls I've only just met(hell, I don't even know if I've ever even tried before, lol).

And I'm all right with that. My game, if I even have any, is much more of a slow play. Instead of hooking up with a girl the night that I meet her, I opt to try to get her out to lunch so that I can get to know her. This way, I can gauge who they are as a person and what they're about before we swap saliva, lol. This also makes it so that I don't end up with an experience with beer goggles. (Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, because that shit is fucking HILARIOUS.)

One of the reasons I've been hesitant to get at girls I've only just met is that I really have no idea who they are and what they're about. For all I know, they could be a complete bitch. Maybe they give off a good first impression and are good at meeting people for the first time, but aren't as cool once you get to know them better. It's for this reason that I hold off really "getting at" any girls until I see something more than what is given off on a first impression.

Maybe my approach sucks, maybe it doesn't. It filters out girls who aren't really into who I am, and the only ones that remain are girls who are genuinely interested in who I am and what I have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive