Friday, August 17, 2012

Armistice

Good writers find a way to make you relate to them. After reading/listening to them, you end up feeling like you know them on a personal level.

So when I get genuinely pissed that I'm not as good of a creative writer as say, a Frank Ocean, I have to be okay with that. Hes a talented writer, probably one of the better ones out there, BECAUSE what he writes is relatable. It makes me feel like, "I know him personally. I know what he's anxious about, what makes him nervous, what he loves. Shit, he's just a regular dude. If he can do it, so can I!" But the fact of the matter is that I dont know him. He's a terrific writer and as much as I feel like I can do what he does, truth is I just plain can't do it as well as him. And that's okay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive