Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Last Name is the Same

When I browse the internet and see beautiful places in other countries that i've visited, i get this crazy surreal feeling. It makes me feel blessed to have taken in the surroundings. The view, the smells, the ambience. It makes me feel cool because I'm one of the few people I know who've taken in that experience.

On the other side of the coin, with that feeling comes a feeling of smugness. I feel so damn smug, thinking I'm in some way unique or cool because I've been somewhere or done something that other people haven't. I'm always trying to reshape my view on this. Instead of feeling smug because I've accomplished something others haven't, I try to act in a way that encourages others to feel the positive feelings I got when I first went through that experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive