Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dangerous Street Corners

When people ask me how I've been, I damn near always give them the same answer: "Shit, nothing much, just the normal shit. Nothing too big, what about you?" While it's true that I really don't have much going on other than school, I definitely have a lot to talk about; it's just that I choose to share those things with a VERY select few people in my life.

I'm so much more of a listener than a talker. Don't get me wrong; I can talk for days about certain subjects, but I very much prefer to listen to other people's opinions and thoughts on things. I know that there's many more people who are good at talking than people who are good at listening. I like to think that I'm in the latter. Knowing this, I try to fulfill my role as a "good" listener more than I try to fulfill my role as a talker.

Edit: (This was sitting in my drafts, waiting to be posted. I was gonna make this its own post but I think it fits in well with this one)

I'm not very vocal with my opinions and ideas. I'm very much content with listening to other people and their ideas. I think it's a great thing, to hold back on what I'm thinking and take the time to listen to people instead. Lord knows most people don't often have someone there to listen to what they have to say. I like to think that I fill a very useful niche in this way.

It blows my mind how much people have to say when you take the time to listen to them. Although it sometimes leaves me feeling like I want more people to listen to me and my feelings and ideas. I know I have a very easygoing, passive personality that might make it a little harder to sit down and listen to, but once you get past the wall I put up, I like to think that I'm a really interesting dude.

Crazy cuz back when I wrote this edit, I felt like I was unique in having this feeling. But after rereading it after all this time, I feel like everyone can relate to this feeling

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive