Thursday, May 7, 2009

Blogging

I remember a few years ago, when blogging really burst into the scene, I had a bunch of feelings towards it. I thought it was really cool that people were able to share their ideas, thoughts, feelings, and all that other stuff with each other over the internet. I liked that people were able to use their blogs as a public diary. Upon looking at a couple of blogs, however, my thoughts changed a little bit. I saw a lot of blogs that were full of blogs that sounded like the following:

"Today, I went to class. It was so boring, I hate school. I caught myself daydreaming during class, and when I snapped out of it, I noticed that Jimmy was picking his nose. Omg, I really despise people who pick their nose in public. blah blah blah blah blah."

After reading a few of those types of blogs, I couldn't help but think, "wtf, why are you sharing your whole day with us? I highly doubt anyone who's reading your blog is trying to see how your day was." I'm probably very wrong; maybe a lot of people were actually checking people's blogs to see how those people were doing. But I felt like, if I wanted to know how your day was, I would simply strike up a conversation with you and proceed to ask you about your day. (On a side note, I feel the same way about away messages on aim. I always keep the same boring away message, because I don’t feel the need to put my business out there 24/7, especially on the internet. This kind of applies to facebook and myspace as well.)

That being said, I hope that this blog doesn’t turn into the typical “diary” type blog. I don’t want to be personal in the sense that I’m sharing how my day went with you. However, I do hope to get all deep and personal in this blog, sharing some really deep stuff that I happen to be feeling at the time. But if you do want to hear about my day, feel free to IM, call, or text me haha.

As far as the format of this blog goes, I don’t expect anything too flashy. I’m just not learning how to use basic html and all that, so don’t expect anything but the basics haha. And I don’t expect to edit my posts too much before I post them, looking for grammatical errors and making sure I do my English teachers proud. I feel like if I do that, then I’ll get too attached to what I write, expecting them to be bulletproof, leading me to not listen to any criticisms that anyone might bring up. That being said, I hope that you challenge me and whatever I say. I love having critics, as long as the criticism is constructive.

Alrite let's get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive