Friday, September 18, 2026

Here I am, two hands at the piano

​Its so easy to go on auto-pilot in your friendships and relationships. 

In league of legends, its nice to auto-pilot. You can go through the motions, do what you do, without having to give too much thought. It’s a nice way to relax after a long day.

But going on auto-pilot is not the way to level up. You need to be intentional in how you gank a lane. You need to plan out how you set up for an objective. 

Similarly, in love and friendships, being on auto-pilot is amazing. Being comfortable enough to autopilot is such a luxury. You have to build up to having that luxury through time spent together and communication.

But in order to level up your relationships, you can’t be on autopilot the whole time. You must spend time and energy and planning. I think this is something that I could work on.

-Written from Sheep’s Meadow in Central Park. Planes are flying overhead. People are hanging out, tanning, reading. I’m listening to The Art of Loving and reading All About Love by bell hooks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive