Sunday, November 26, 2023

Evergreen

 Let’s catch up. I want to journal more. This will help with that effort. 

I’m writing this while sitting on a couch, listening to a dope playlist, in Milan. I’m jetlagged and finally getting over a cold. I’m wearing a bathrobe provided to me in a room that i got upgraded to. I’m energized and in a mood. 

What a flex that I’m able to do this in my lifetime! My heart is so full.

During thanksgiving, i shared my coachella story with my cousins. I was reading some of the details from this blog so that i could share every gory detail. My cousin asked if i journaled and it reminded me that it’s something that o want to do. They say that journaling is one of the only things that all great leaders do (source needed, lol). And here i am, doing some journaling.

My flight here was cool. I was flying from San Diego to Newark, Newark to Milan Malpensa. The flight from San Diego to Newark was okay. I used one of my 2 passes to the United Lounge and it was a nice reprieve, nothing crazy. The flight itself was okay. I was in coach and it was like any other flight I’ve taken. 

I arrived in Newark and had an almost 4 hour layover. I used my other United Lounge pass and returned to the nice lounge that i went to last time i was in the Newark airport. I chilled and recharged my devices. I helped a random middle aged Indian man connect to Wi-fi. He started to annoy me with a bunch of requests, including letting him use my mobile hotspot, so i moved to the other side of the lounge.

My flight from Newark to Milan was dope. I was in premium plus (not exactly business class, but one step below). The seating configuration in my area was 2-2-2 and i had a window seat. I checked the seating chart and someone had the seat next to me, but they never showed up. I had the whole row to myself! The seat itself was comfortable as hell, but having the row to myself made it soooo much easier. I watched Bridesmaids and Parasite. That flight was a breeze.

I arrived in Milan and got annoyed with the customs line. I made it through and touched foot in Milan! I took a train from Malpensa into the city center. I wanted to avoid taking a taxi, but my hotel is far from the city center and would require multiple transfers. I opted to shell out the extra cash and took a cab. 

The cab driver was an Interista but he was nice enough. He gave me some recommendations and was chill. I got the hotel and checked in. They had an upgrade to a junior suite available but i would have to wait a couple of hours. I didnt mind waiting! I had a four day stay planned, so i would absolutely appreciate the upgrade.

Well the room definitely took a few hours before it was ready, lol. I chilled in the hotel lounge for a couple of hours. I walked to the San Siro and took it in. Its so crazy to see. It brings emotion each time you see it.

I grabbed a pizza and went back to the hotel. It was pretty cold! I had a coat that I had just bought and loved it. I posted up in the lounge for a while until my room was ready. I dropped all my stuff off in the room and freshened up. I had Milan-Fiorentina to attend that night, i had to make sure i was feeling good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive