Saturday, February 18, 2017

Brian's Toast

Ladies and gentlemen, can I get a minute of your time? For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Ryan, Brian’s neighbor and good friend. We grew up on the same street and have known each other for our entire lives.


First of all I want to thank everyone for being able to make it here today. Some people have come from far and wide to attend today’s ceremonies. Angie made it here from North Carolina. Missy’s here from Japan. For them and for everyone else who had to travel to make it tonight, let's make some noise.

I’d also like to thank everyone who could make today possible. Breanna’s parents, Lonnie and Karen White, where are you guys at? You guys raised a tremendous woman who we’re celebrating today, so let’s make some noise for them. Brian’s parents Mr. Jones and Angie, let’s make some noise for you guys. You guys raised brian the right way and now we're here on his wedding day. Let’s also make noise for all of us here in attendance today. Make some noise for yourselves! We’re here not only to celebrate Brian and Breanna’s marriage, but to celebrate two families coming together and becoming one. We all have busy schedules and it’s not always easy to get everyone gathered together, so the fact that we can all be here to celebrate Brian and Breanna’s wedding day is nothing short of beautiful. And while we’re making noise, can we make some noise for Breanna’s dress? That dress has gotta be one of the nicest wedding dresses I’ve ever seen.


I’ve known Brian for his entire life, and our friendship is priceless to me. We’ve been there for the highs, the lows, the good times, the bad times. As kids we were always playing sports, playing video games, spending time at each other’s houses. Basketball, football, Madden, you name it, we played it. As a side note, you might not believe this but we would play these games and I would always win. He might tell you different, but that’s the truth. Needless to say, I’ve known Brian’s qualities, flaws, errors, achievements.

Anyone who’s ever known Brian knows that he’s one of the funniest guys you’ll ever meet. Once he gets comfortable with you, he’s always good for cracking jokes, talking trash, making fun of one another, making fun of the situation. He’s absolutely got one of the best senses of humor you’ll ever see.


What might not apparent to someone who just met him is how good a friend he is. He’s incredibly loyal. He’s always been there for me. My Dad passed away when I was 11. It was tough, but he was there for me. When I first started talking to girls and didn’t know what to do, he was there for me. When I broke up with my ex and was heartbroken, he was there for me.  He’s ALWAYS there for me. He may not know what to say, he may not know what to do, but he’s always there for me. And so Breanna, I’m sure you already know this, but in Brian you’ve got one of the most loyal friends in the world.


So I’ve known him all my life. I know that he’s the best friend that someone can ask for. And Breanna, although I haven’t known you as long as I would’ve liked, I can tell by the way that he looks at you and smiles at you that you’re the one for him. Anyone who knows him knows that he’s always smiling, but the way that he looks at you and smiles at you is DIFFERENT. He’s happier now. His jokes are funnier now. I can tell that you balance him out in a way that he’s never been before. And now he’s yours and you are his. You guys are bound together for the rest of your lives, through sickness and in health, til death do you part.

So I say this from the bottom of my heart and on behalf of Brian’s friends and family: Take care of him. He’s a handful, but you can do it. He likes to talk trash. God forbid you bring up the Raiders, he’ll talk your ear off. But know that you’re the right woman to keep him in check and deal with him. You're the woman to bring him back down to earth.


So please, take care of him. We know that he’ll take care of you. He’s chosen you to be the one he confides in, the one he can be vulnerable to, the one he can be his real self with. There’s value in that. He may not know the answers to everything, but he works hard and will do whatever it takes to find the answers.

So Ladies and Gentlemen, I’d like to propose a toast to Brian and Breanna. May they have years and years of health, wealth, and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive