Monday, April 8, 2013

Hang On to the Things That You're Supposed To Say

I have no idea how many people told me (some explicitly, mostly implicitly) that getting a degree in sociology was a waste of time. Hell, some people even said that having a college degree was worthless.  But the ones who told me that there wasn't a market for people with sociology degrees bothered me. College classes are hard, especially when you're taking classes you're not passionate about. I had found a discipline that I found especially interesting. But fuck me for following what I'm passionate about, right? I should have gone after a degree in something that I wasn't passionate about, so that I could find a job in a field that I wasn't passionate about, right? BLAH!

Part of me wants to take the high road and not speak of how much adversity I faced. I *should* simply keep on keeping on, doing my best to be happy. *Insert quote about how the best revenge is being happy.*

But fuck that! I worked too hard(as well as being INCREDIBLY lucky and fortunate) to not sit here and be proud of myself for taking all those shots thrown at me. So this is me, lashing out at those critics on my personal blog that only maybe a handful of people will ever read.

FUCK YOUR THOUGHTS AND YOUR FEELINGS HOMIE IMMA DO ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive