Monday, May 14, 2012

It'll Be Lightyears



Chess has been a huge part of my life. I haven't played it religiously throughout my life, but I know that playing it at an early age has had a huge impact on how I go about my life. I think a lot about the big picture and how the battle is turning out.

Things I apply to my everyday life that I learned from chess:
  1. "Winning the battle but losing the war" and the like are things that are constantly in my mind whenever I make decisions.
  2. Predicting what my opponent will do, up to 3 or 4 moves in advance. There's so much fluidity in the moves that one can make, so it's tough to predict moves. But it feels pretty good when you can manage to predict your opponent's moves and move accordingly.
  3. I can spot the metagame in different things like videogames and arguments quickly. It makes it that much easier to enjoy seemingly mundane things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive