Monday, November 21, 2011

So Sweetened, You're Doomed For A Well Garnished Life

I used to look for girls who shared the same interests as me. I wanted a girl who likes the Lakers, Drake and first person shooters. That way, we could talk about the same things, compare our views on those things and all that cool stuff.

Lately, however, I've figured that it really isn't all that important to me that me and a girl have exactly the same interests. It's okay if she doesn't share the same love for AC Milan. She could have never watched a game of soccer for all I care.

I care more that she is willing to learn, that she wants me to tell her and teach her about everything I'm passionate about. She doesn't listen to Childish Gambino? That's fine, we can listen to his music together and hopefully she'll learn to love it. And even if she doesn't end up loving it, it doesn't have any bearing on whether or not she's a great girlfriend. Only thing that's different is now I know that I might have to skip his songs when we're playing my ipod in the car.

I think it'd be really cute, trying to get my girl into the same things that I'm interested in (and vice versa). It'd be really cool, teaching her all I know about the strong side zone defense. It'd be sooo cool, telling her what I think the Weeknd could be talking about in a particular song and what that song means to me.

I think it'd be even cooler for me to learn about what my girl is into. Seeing her talk so passionately about things she's interested in is always a HUGE turn on for me. I love to ask questions and get her thinking about things that she might have never thought about before. Taking the role of an ignorant student is something I love doing when I'm getting to know someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive